Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Little Azaleas That Could

We planted these azalea bushes in the courtyard last spring.  I was afraid that they would not make it through the winter and at one point they looked terrible.  But I will have to say they are looking better!  They are still small but give us a couple of years.  The azaleas are about to pop so I will post more pictures later.


This is one of my favorite plants for spring.  It is called bocopa and it will trail down the container.  It think it is just the sweetest little flower.  It would make a great addition to your containers, but be sure to water it every day.



If there is one thing I could say about our middle child, O, it would be that he is very creative.  I just love that about him and I can't wait to see what his latest creation will be.  He always has a vision about how he wants something to look and wants to do it by himself.  It takes all of my will power not to take over or to tell him to do it a different way.  Every now and then he will ask for advice and sometimes he is open to my suggestions.  His ideas amaze me, and I think he is pretty bright for a six year old.  This is his latest creation.  He made an alien space ship out of an empty water bottle, and he even created a seat for his alien.  The only thing he asked me to do was to cut the bottle and punch holes for the antennas.  Safety first!  Did I mention he was smart, too!


No comments: