Friday, April 9, 2010

It's not sew easy!

Ok, for those of you that know me, you know I love to make things.  I thought I would make M a few jon jons for spring.  I have tried to sew before when T was first born, but I became frustrated and stopped.  I do not like to admit defeat, therefore, I dusted off the sewing machine (8 years later) and tried again.

I have a new found respect for people who sew, or for that matter, for anyone who can follow a pattern.  I have tried for 3 days to make a very simple (according to the pattern description) jon jon with lining.  Nothing lined up and I must admit that I am now an expert at ripping out seams.  I finally ditched the pattern for the jon jon and thought I would make M a pair of shorts.  I did a little better, but still could not follow the pattern.  I finally made my own pattern from a pair of shorts he already owned. And I thought this was suppose to be easy and only take a couple of hours!


I will not give up and I will let you know how it ends up.  I may have to call in a professional to help me finish at least one jon jon.  I have posted a couple of pictures to let you see how my THIRD attempted is coming.  Hopefully, I will have the outfit completed before he outgrows it!  I will also keep my fingers crossed when it is time to put in the washer and dryer! :)

In other news...
J has decided to redo our front yard.  We are removing one brick walkway to enlarge the landing leading to our front porch.  We are trying to save as many bricks as we can, but some of them just crumble when you try to pick them up.  We were told by one of the previous owners that some of the bricks came from the streets downtown around the square.  I think they must be the ones that are staying entact even through all the freezing weather we had this winter.  Here are some pictures of J in progress.




No comments: