Tuesday, November 8, 2011

What Have I Been Up To Lately?

This is what I have been up to lately.

I finally pulled the trigger and started reupholstering the two wing back chairs in the dining room.  I feel certain that I have read all the tutorials ever written in blogland and watch all the videos on YouTube.  I have even read a book or two on the subject.  However, I have been very afraid to begin.  What if I can't do it?  What if I start and then cannot finish it?  What if the chair is ugly?  Ugh!!

Then I jump in with both feet and just started.  I heeded the advice of many and took pictures as I took the chair apart and then I labeled and numbered each piece of fabric. 

In my opinion, taking the chair apart was much harder and labor intensive than putting it back together again.  Don't get me wrong, there have been some tricky parts.  For example, I had no idea how to do the bottom front corners of the chair.  The original fabric had seams sewn in the corners.  I tried to match it but my seams did not match.  If any one has any suggestions for me, please let me know.  Here is my first attempt.

I did try it again, but I did it my way.  I will try to get pictures of that later.  It may not be the correct way to do the corners, but again, please leave suggestions in your comments or email me.  I will be ever so grateful.

This was my stopping point last weekend.  I ran out of fabric and there was this big football game on Saturday night.  You might have heard about it, especially if you love SEC football. :)

I hope to finish the chair this weekend!  There are tons of tutorial out there and I will list a few at the end of the post.

Thanks for stopping by!
Our Southern Nest

Reupholstery Links:

The Creative Maven

DIY Upholstery Supply Video

Modest Maven