Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Work in Progress

First, let me apologize for not posting lately.  Last week was our first full week of school, and we have been busy getting ready to be in the "school" frame of mind.  I am sure that all of you would agree that getting your children  ready for school take TONS of energy.  Additionally,  if you happen to be a mother as well as a teacher, you are stretched in every direction possible.  For those of you who don't know, I am both a mother and a teacher so I have been very, very busy.  Something had to give, and since I do not get a paycheck from this blog you can guess what was put on the back burner.

I am hoping that things will settle down soon and I can get back to finishing/starting projects that I can share with you.  Today, I will show you my oldest son's room.  It is a room in PROGRESS.  Please don't judge me yet!!!  He has shared his room with his younger brother since he was 3 years old, and we thought it was time for him to have a room of his own.  We just moved him into the office to be all by himself and he is LOVING it!  (We still haven't moved the office out yet, but we are getting there.) 

Here is what we have so far.  Again, we built is ourselves using plans for KNOCK-OFF WOOD.






We modified the plans for the storage daybed slightly.  The baskets are from Target, and yes, I need to get more.  I am still not sure what color to paint everything.  I can't decide between navy, black or white.  Your input would be greatly appreciated.  The walls will be painted a light khaki and I am not sure what we will do for the bed linens.  Hopefully, it will be something he can use for a long time.  (He is nine by the way.)

I hope to have it completed within the next two weeks.  Thanks for stopping by!!!  I am off to continue my sewing.  Baby Mac has hit a growth spurt and is in need to new jon jons.

Our Southern Nest

No comments: