Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sewing, Sewing, Done!





I hope everyone is enjoying their summer.  My how time flies!  We have been busy visiting family and trying to get in as much pool time as possible!  I created a "To Do" list at the beginning of summer.  It in now the middle of July, and sadly, most of the items are not crossed off my list.  I did manage to sew a few outfits for Baby M to wear this summer.  If you have read my earlier posts you know that I think people who sew are brilliant.  I do not think that I am that smart yet, but I am getting there!  I finally conquered "sewing the circle" and Baby M has the outfits to prove it.  Here are a couple of outfits that I made for him. 





My sweet and brilliant friend RJ was kind enough to let me borrow some of her patterns and gave me some helpful tips.  I was feeling pretty good about my work until Baby M wore an outfit that RJ had made.  She is the true professional and I am merely an amateur!

Now all I have left to do is get the outfits monogrammed.  I have a feeling he will outgrow them before that will happen!



This painting used to be a big red fish that I painted a year ago.  I know longer like the fish so I decided to paint over it.  I covered about 90% of the canvas with heavy molding pasted to create an instant texture.  You can use joint compound if you don't have the molding paste but do not get it too wet.  It will dissolve and you will loose the texture.

The red you see coming through is part of the original fish painting.  I still need to go back and add a glaze so you can see the texture in the painting, but I do not know if I will keep it.  Who knows?  It may turn back into a fish in a few days!










No comments: