Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Tooth Fairy Cometh


Our little nest had a big weekend.  We watched the Derby...and lost.  We went to a draw down raffle...and lost.  And speaking of loosing, Little O lost his very first tooth.  He even pulled the tooth all by himself (however, it was just hanging by a "thread"?)

I think the corn on the cob gave the tooth that extra push it needed to come out!



Here is the play by play of how the first tooth was pulled.
I am pulling my first tooth!

Oh my gosh!  I am pulling my first tooth!

I did it!



Other things that occurred this weekend...
                                          photo from A Country Farmhouse.  Click here to see more.

I have decided to try open shelving in our kitchen.  I hate our cabinets!  It doesn't matter what color I paint them or if I glaze them.  I just do not like them!  Since the new trend seems to be open shelves in the kitchen, I thought I would give it a try.  I have been using these photos as inspiration.
photo from The Lettered Cottage


If you have not stumbled across The Lettered Cottage you must go to it now!  Layla and her husband have transformed their home and have been gracious enough to share what they have learned along the way.  She has wonderful ideas for those of us who are on a budget, and I just loved what she did to the kitchen.  Click here to visit her website.

I have removed the doors from four of our kitchen cabinets.  I still need to hid the sippy cups and Tupperware so those doors will stay.  We are taking Layla's advice and we will be adding trim around the cabinets and on each shelf.  I promise to post the before and after pictures once the project is complete. (hopefully, next week!)

Here is another project I have going...(wouldn't be me if I did things one at a time) :)



My husband built this table by using the plans from Knock-Off Wood.  If there is a piece of furniture that you would love for your home but don't want to pay the high price tag, she has the plan for you.  Her furniture plans are inspired by Pottery Barn.  This is our second project we have built using Ana's plans.  We started out by building bookshelves.  It was so much fun and her plans were very easy to follow.  I highly recommend that you hop on over to her site and see what she has to offer.  You can either click here or on her website above.  Check back later for a post devoted just to Ana's site.

No comments: