Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Gift Wrapping Party

Would you like to have a Girls Night Out and still get something accomplished on your Christmas "To-Do List"?  I have the perfect solution for you!  Invite a few friends over for a Christmas gift wrapping party!

 Here are a few ideas to get you started.  First, set up a gift wrapping station.  I have used glass vases and canisters to to store gift wrapping paper, ribbons, raffia, pens and shredded paper.  Your guests can pick and choose different combinations to wrap their gifts for family and friends.




There are many ways to make a bow to attach to your gift, but I will share how I do it.  First, I make a loop and gather the ribbon in between my thumb and forefinger.

Then I make a second loop and gather the ribbon again in between my thumb and forefinger.

 I continue to make loops and gather the ribbon in the center.  I like to twist the ribbon before a make a new loop.
 I continue to make loops until the bow is the size I would like it to be.  I like to have an odd number of loops on each side of the bow.  Next, you will need to take a pipe cleaner or piece of raffia to secure the bow in the center.  You can see I am using raffia to secure my bow.
I wrap the raffia around the bow a couple of times and then tie it in a knot.  I like to leave the end of the raffia long because I will then tie the bow to the present.
I will now attach the bow to the present by looping the raffia around the ribbon and tie it in a knot.

You can see that I have attached the bow to the gift and that I have left the raffia ends long.

Next I have made another bow, but this time I use red raffia.  Once I have made the red bow, I place it on top of the green bow.  I use the green raffia to attach to red bow to the larger green bow.  Then I gather red shredded paper in the center and secure it with the green raffia.

All that is left to do is to attach a gift card.  You can see that I used labels from Office Max for my gift cards.  They are cheap and a box contains around 500 labels.  I have been using the same box for a few years. 

I found these 3D stickers at Michael's for 40% off.  I used some of the on my gift labels and to adorn some of the presents.




Most of the gift wrapping paper I have used has either come from Hobby Lobby or from Nashville Wraps.  I ordered all of the Wraphia ribbon, floral ribbon and shredded paper from Nashville Wraps.  I love that company!  I usually receive my order within two days of placing my order!  The large ric rac ribbon that you see on some of the packages came from May Arts.

There you have it!  Now you can host your own gift wrapping party!  If you don't have time this year, put it on your to-do list for next year!

Thanks for stopping by!
Our Southern Nest

PS-  I would like to say "Thank You" to Kari over at UCreate Parties!  She most graciously shared my post with her readers.  I have mentioned her before and if you haven't visited her blogs you are missing out!

14 comments:

Buttercup Bliss said...

Great idea! I love the large ric rac! Too cute!

Charissa said...

I love the bow you show how to make. So wild and lush!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

I love the idea of a Girls Night Out gift wrapping party!

And that gift looks so adorable all wrapped up!

xoxo
Jen

Taylor said...

Your set up looks so pretty!

Taylor
www.maryjanesandgaloshes.com

Green Door Girl said...

cute idea - I LOVE the bows on your gifts - they look so fun and not too hard to make! I am definitely borrowing this idea for next year - I am your newest follower :) greendoordesigns.blogspot.com :)

Leanne said...

This is such a great idea. I'm hosting We're Organized Wednesday thru Saturday and would love for you to join the party if you get a chance. There's a giveaway too. Hope to see you there.

Mandy said...

love the idea! i love to wrap!!!

Leanne said...

Thanks for linking. I'll be featuring this tomorrow.

Delightful Order said...

Love the large ribbon!

Our Southern Nest said...

Ginny, I accidently deleted your comment. Here it is.

Ginny wrote....
Great tips.

It is funny how you can mess with things in photography. When you first glance at that first picture, it looks like the gift wrap is as tall as your ceiling :)

Anonymous said...

Very fun! Loved seeing all your lovely gifts. My mom was a florist when I was a child and that is how she makes her bows but for the life of me I've never been able to remember how to do it on my own. This will help me. That is a really fun idea for a "girl's night."I think I may be sort of grinchy because I'd probably make them all bring their own wrapping paper ;)

Jackie said...

I love this. Thanks so much for sharing. Your wrapping is beautiful! And what a fun idea to make it a party. I never know how to make big beautiful bows like that so I'm very excited to try it out!

Organize with Sandy said...

I found your blog from Leanne's link party. Wow... sure wish my gifts looked that good under the tree! lol
I would love for you to link to my new Organizing Mission Monday link party if you'd like!
Thanks!

custom boxes said...

lovely idea! thank you so much for sharing the post!

We have a team of creative packaging professionals offering the solutions that matter to your packaging desires.

cbd packaging